From Just a Dude
- Travel Hacking: The Ultimate Travel Hacking Guide
- Gov't of Canada - a Canadian's guide to healthy travel abroad
- Gov't of Canada Travel Health Kit Checklist
- Gov't of Canada Registration of Canadians Abroad
- Trip Advisor - Amazing site for reviews of various travel options.
Finding the best price
- Trivago - Flights & Hotels - Searches several sites
- Kayak - Flights & Hotels - Searches several sites
- Google: Flights, Flights Explore & Hotels
- Momondo - Flights: Good at finding smaller airports, with lower fees.
- Sky Scanner - Flights: Good at finding smaller airports, with lower fees.
- Hotwire - Hotel: Get the lowest price.
- Priceline - Hotel: Name your price and criteria, and see if someone will match
Optimal Booking Time
- From Yahoo: According to new research by CheapAir.com based on the travel site's review of 560 million airfares, the optimal time to book for:
- a domestic flight is 49 days in advance.
- an overseas flight is 81 days in advance
- iflybags.com - Your Free Checked Baggage Calculator
Gain extra reward miles:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Food- Bring personal use food into the U.S. from Canada
- Bring Food into the U.K.
Traveling when you have food sensitivities can be challenging.
- Send a detailed email to some all-inclusive hotels and see how they respond. If they answer with "oh yes no problem" but don't answer specific questions or go into detail, then I would be weary of them.
- Ask if the chefs speak English.
- Some naturopaths recommended taking 2 Betaine HCL tablets with each meal to help avoid stomach upset.
- Kanetix - Travel insurance quotes (recommended by Money Sense Feb/Mar 2015)
- If you travel regularly, it can be cheaper to buy annual insurance instead of for each trip.
- Air Bnb - People renting out their homes or rooms. Allows for reviews.
- VRBO - people renting out their homes or rooms.
- HomeStay - Authentic experiences. Stay with people.
Bed & Breakfast
- Florida - Homes 4 uu